Taste of Hawai’i, “The Ultimate Sunday Brunch™”, is the primary fundraising event of the Rotary Club of Kapa’a. When we began the Taste of Hawai’i in 1988, it was the first event of its kind held in the State of Hawai’i.
Taste of Hawai’i has grown into the premier culinary event on Kaua’i and throughout the State of Hawai’i. Taste of Hawai’i is accomplished with the support of, Smith’s Tropical Gardens, chefs from across the State of Hawai’i, beverage providers, musicians, hundreds of volunteers, countless businesses who provide the necessary supplies and equipment, and of course, attendees! Mahalo for your years of support!
In 1992, Hurricane Iniki struck the island of Kaua’i, leaving devastation in her wake. Taste of Hawai’i was postponed that year to allow the island and our residents to recover and heal.
This year, our island and the State of Hawai’i have been faced with more devastation with the record rainfall and flooding on parts Kaua’i and Oahu, and the volcanic eruption of Kilauea on Hawai’i Island, near Hilo. Many of the participants of Taste have been assisting with the relief efforts and do not feel that they can participate in the event this year.
These unforeseen circumstances find us making the difficult decision to postpone Taste of Hawai’i until next year on Sunday, June 2nd, 2019. At that time, we will not only celebrate 30 years of Taste of Hawai’i, we will also celebrate the resilience of our people and these islands!
The on-line auction will proceed as planned. Watch for the details in the newspaper and on our website http://www.tasteofhawaii.com/
Funds raised from the on-line auction will go towards the relief effort on Kauai.
An email will be sent to everyone who has purchased a ticket to this years’ Taste of Hawaii explaining the refund process and options
Mahalo for your support and understanding.
Rotary Club of Kapa’a
Taste of Hawaii is a fundraiser event featuring:
- 25+ chefs from restaurants around Hawaii
- 15+ beverage vendors
- 10+ musical and entertainment groups
- A large silent auction
- Smith’s™ Tropical Paradise stunning 30 acre private park
- Parking and shuttle service to/from Smith’s™
The event raises funds for:
- Scholarship programs for college-bound high school students
- Scholarships for vocational studies for community college students
- Recognition of Outstanding Humanitarian Vocational Contributions
- Community projects that give financial support directly other non-profits or community organization that provide or support:
- Kanuikapono Music Festival
- youth programs (e.g. holiday gifts for children, baby supplies for young mothers)
- programs for the homeless and hungry (e.g. donated funds to Hale Hoomalu, Kauai Food Bank)
- Local Kapaa/Wailua refurbishing projects (e.g. refurbish/paint local park facilities, picnic tables, pavilions)
Youth services including:
- Kapaa Elementary Adopt-a-Classroom – Provide $700 to a teacher for supplies and field trips at all 48 Kapaa Elementary School Classes and all teacher at Kekaha Elementary School on the west side
- $5,000 to sponsor 5 after school clubs at Kapaa Elementary School
- $25,000 of Support for Junior Achievement at Kapaa High School Interact Club
- Kapaa High School Interact Club
- Kauai Middle School Robotics Club
- Kapaa High School Project Grad
- Sponsorship to Rotary Youth Leadership Association Camp February 27-March 1, 2016
- Recruitment and selection of Hawaii Rotary Youth Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Your sponsorship helps…
- Enable the four avenues of Rotary Service – Community Service, International Service Projects which partner with foreign Rotary Clubs that target specific local needs, Youth Service and Vocational Service
- Rotary Club of Kapaa meets its goals to provide funds for its programs
- Provide valuable leadership training skills to the community
- Leverage the strength of its members
- Give back to Kauai, our community and our keiki
- Rotary Club of Kapaa to throw the biggest party of the year and all for a great cause