Taste of Hawaii 2018 Silent Auction is now Online!
Voted the “Best Community Event” ten years running, the event will once again take place at Smith’s Tropical Paradise. We are so excited to partner with Malama Auctions who are hosting our Online Silent Auction.
We know many of you have bid on our auctions in the past and we hope you will embrace our new contemporary system. You can view the items on your laptops, phones, Pads and bid generously. You will be able to pick up your items while attending this year’s Taste of Hawaii or after the event.
Mahalo for your continued support!
The Taste of Hawaii is the original food and wine tasting event for the islands and on Kauai. Produced by the Rotary Club of Kapaa and countless community volunteers, this year marks our 30th year of hosting The Ultimate Sunday Brunch. Taste of Hawaii will be held on Sunday June 3, 2018 at Smith’s Tropical Paradise. Purchase your tickets online and reserve your spot at this year’s event.
When: Sunday June 3rd, 2018, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Where: Smith’s Tropical Paradise
Price: $100 online or $125 at the door
Taste of Hawaii – The Ultimate Sunday Brunch™ is a fundraiser event held by the Rotary Club of Kapaa. We started Taste of Hawaii in 1988, as the first event of its kind in Hawaii, and it has grown into the premier culinary event on Kauai and in Hawaii. The finest Chefs from around the state gather to provide our guests with a tasting extravaganza second to none. By contributing to our non-profit efforts, you get to taste the best food in Hawaii. Then you get to wash it down with offerings from 15+beverage vendors providing micro brews, big name beer, wine (dozen of varieties), soda or bottled water.
Taste of Hawaii is a fundraiser event featuring:
- 25+ chefs from restaurants around Hawaii
- 12+ beverage vendors
- 10+ musical and entertainment groups
- Online silent auction – Bid from your computer, smart phone, or tablet
- Smith’s™ Tropical Paradise stunning 30 acre private park
- FREE Parking and shuttle service from VIDINHA STADIUM to/from Smith’s™
The event raises funds for programs including this year’s projects:
- Scholarship programs for college-bound high school students – This year we gave $8,000 in scholarships.
- $10,000 contribution to Junior Achievement Kauai supporting financial education classes in schools from Kindergarten through high school
- Water Safety projects including: Roving Patrol on eastside for KLA and production of a new water safety video which plays at baggage claim areas A&B at Lihue airport and throughout hotels and in many stores around Kauai.
Financial contributions given in-kind for assistance with the “Ultimate Sunday Brunch” support projects for:
- Kapaa Elementary Adopt-a-Teacher – adopted 33 classrooms at Kapaa El providing each teacher with $700 dollars for classroom supplies and field trips
- Kapaa High School Interact Club
- Kauai Middle School Robotics Club
- Kapaa High School Project Grad
- Recruitment and selection of Hawaii Rotary Youth Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Your sponsorship helps…
- Enable the four avenues of Rotary Service – Community Service, International Service Projects which partner with foreign Rotary Clubs that target specific local needs, Youth Service and Vocational Service
- Rotary Club of Kapaa meets its goals to provide funds for its programs
- Rotary Club of Kapaa defray costs for hosting Taste of Hawaii & maximize profits
- Provide valuable leadership training skills to the community
- Rotary Club of Kapaa to throw the biggest party of the year